Friday, April 18, 2008

Ethel's Introduction - Rally Girl







Hi, I'm Ethel May Dakota Bear! I'm 2+ years old and I'm a Beautiful Black Newfoundland Girl. I was born in Illinois and my Mom (who just passed) and Dad live in Northern Illinois. So I'm a typical Midwestern Girl. My Mommy and Daddy love me very much, and take very good care of me. I came home a little early for a Newfie, at 9 weeks, but I quickly made myself at home, and learned how to be cute quickly. On my second day at home, I discovered the bestest way to check the counter for goodies. There was a stool in the kitchen and I found that I could get on it and sit so I could see better. That is a famous photo in our house according to Dad. He has his camera and caught me on it. I thought I would get in trouble, but Dad said it was cute and so did Mom, so I guess it was OK. Now I can only get two legs on it, but I can sure see better what's on the counter, even though I have manners, and never take anything unless I have permission. From the start, I've always been on the go. I love riding in the car, and trips are always lots of fun. So far I've gone to lots of Dog Shows, Newf Camp in Michigan, Newf Net Get-2-gether in Iowa (Thanks auntie Rhonda for inviting me), and River King Newfie Club's Rescue Parade (so Oreo could parade). Dad takes me to a lot of places but my favorite place is my Auntie Sara's Rally Training place. We get to have lots of fun with Rally Obedience. I get to show off at dog shows how good I am. I now have a Rally Advanced Title, and 2 Legs of my excellent title, and I hope to finish my title at the Newfoundland Club of America's National Speciality in Rhode Island. Now I'm not sure where Rhode Island is, but Dad says it's a long trip, but I'm ready! Then (paws crossed) I'll have a Rally Excellent Title. That would be nice. I've been very lucky so far, I've had 2 1st places, 2 2nd places, and 1 3rd place, and 2 4th places. I'm proud of my Daddy for helping me get them. So I'll let you know how I did. My favorite things are snugglin with Dad and Mom, annoying Grandma by givin her smooches when she's not watching. It's especially fun if she's in bed napping, and I can sneak up and give her a smooch. She is very funny when I get the chance, and makes the best noises when I can get her smooched without her knowing I'm coming. I also like to play with my older sister Oreo. My younger brother Ricky, is a pain, but he's my brother, so Mom says I have to be nice to him. You know how younger brothers are.....always pestering you, and what's worse, he's know as Mr. Smooch, the World's Greatest Smoocher, so he's always trying to smooch me and Oreo, and Luci too, but she likes it (Yuck)! Luci is my oldest sister, she taught me to go up and down the stairs, the best spots in the yard to lay in the grass, and how to get Dad to pass out cookies (a very important thing to know)! it's been a busy year so far, I got put in the OFA database, my DNA is helping to research Newfie Medical Issues, and I thought I was going to do special Water training, cuase my Daddy said me and Oreo were going to CERF, I though it was something to do in the water, turned out some lady was shining a light in my eyes, Rats!!! Well I'll have more to say when we return from the National. So remember, a flooger a day, will keep the cat away! Oh, PS - Dad will post more pictures of me soon!

1 comment:

Charity, Katie, Louie & Natalie said...

Hi Ethel,
It's Katie, your fellow Newf Rally girl. I just got started in rally so I have not competed yet. Congratulations on all of your wins so far. I hope to follow in your footsteps soon.

Love and Newfie kisses,
Katie